Monday, October 17, 2011

My mother's daughter...

Mother's and daughters have such a special bond...it's simple, it's natural, it's fragile and it constantly grows and changes with time and life.

I've seen my relationship with my mother change and progress and grow into something far more precious than anything I have every known (thus far). My mother isn't just my mother but she's my best friend. To this day she still comforts me when I'm down, nurses me when I'm not feeling well, offers advice I won't find in a book and loves me with all she has.  As my best friend, she shares ridiculous laughter at jokes only her and I would find funny, she carries on long text message conversations that simply make no sense to my poor dad (he prefers the old fashion telephone still xoxo) and she's the best shopping partner anyone could have. I still ask her questions about finances, love, life and even still will ask her which boots look better with what I'm wearing. I'll never stop needing her and that's what I love the most because no matter when or where or for what .... she's always there.

Life has no guarantees I know this, and I take everyday to remind myself how lucky I am to have what I have and who I have in my life. While I know some people aren't quite so lucky to have ever had such a special bond, or perhaps to have such a special bond cut short....I can only pray one day they can have the same relationship with their own daughters down the road.

So when someone says, "you looked just like your mother when you did that" or "you are just like your mother" ... know that you are being paid the best compliment you could be given; after all she raised you didn't she?

No comments:

Post a Comment