Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Oh Vegas...u sure came home with me this time!

So Vegas at 30 years old is really no different than Vegas at any other age. I recently went to Vegas for my friend Stephanie's bachelorette party with 12 of my girlfriends. And while this trip couldn't have come at a better time, it sure didn't let me leave in Vegas what happened in Vegas!

3:30 couldn't have come any faster for me to meet up with ash and Theresa so we could get to the airport and have our first cocktail before boarding our plane. The flight went smoothly, our luggage made it there safely, however who knew the cab line would be our first hostile encounter. Our eagerness got the best of us as we stood on the numbered circle marked 3....as in cab 3. As a cab rolls up a lady hops in the cab in front of us as her boyfriend comes running with a airport employee yelling at us to get back in line. The young man hops in the cab flipping us off and calling us line cutters. Who knew we were at Disneyland!?!? We finally make to our hotel about an hour later, get ourselves dolled up to meet the other girls for night number one of fun.

We get to the club all fancied up, get set up at our table at Encore nightclub which by the way I strongly recommend to anyone. Best club by far!!!! Except for when you slip and fall eh em. I'm getting to that fabulous moment. So nights going well, we team up with a bachelor party...dancing, enjoying every moment. Me of course being the mother hen realize two of my chicks are missing so I go in search. I find out one went back to the room...ok whew one is safe at the coop. The other I find near the restroom so I grab her and head back to the table. As I follow her back I have a fabulous encounter with the marble floor. It was not graceful by any means...I'm pretty sure the spilled drink on the floor, and the 4 inch heels were not a good combination unless it were to spell disaster. Luckily I had a sassy outfit on as my foot flew forward and my body flew up in the air, slamming on the floor in front of Surrenders finest. I laid there a few minutes wondering what was broken .... It's amazing how pain takes over embarrassment. I eventually allowed someone to help me up as I hobbled back to my table and announced party was over...I'm no longer flirty and thirty but instead nerdy and thirty.

By the time I had made it to the room, my ribs and shoulder were red and purple. I popped some Advil, put my friend to bed and while wincing in pain laid down realizing I had one more day and night to somehow get through. The next morning my entire body was stiff, sore and purple. I didn't let it get me down...I got up had some breakfast and started gambling :)

Needless to say I came home with bruised ribs and what happened in Vegas did not stay in Vegas...in fact it's still with me almost two weeks later.

It was a pleasure as always Vegas!

No comments:

Post a Comment