Thursday, September 23, 2010

Feet on the ground...

It's not even 9:30 a.m. and I'm already checking my cell phone to see if anyone is interested in making me feel special.  OOOOh! One new text message....there is so much build up in a text message: who is it from, what does it say, good or bad.  I open the text message to find that it's from my lifelong best friend Lorrie and it reads very short and to the point: "one word....skydiving."  Now there is two things to consider here, one I am deathly afraid of heights and not just big ones, small ones too like climbing ladders, freeway off-ramps, big bridges like the St. Thomas Bridge that I accidentally went over one day in college driving to a class field trip---as if going across one time wasn't bad enough, it was sink or swim time considering I had to go back over it to get back home. And the second thing to consider? My friend Lorrie is a bit of a free spirit. I guess I'm more surprised she didn't suggest this TERRIBLE idea much sooner.  In a matter of 4 seconds a million thoughts went through my mind about this wretched suggestion of hers and as much as I would love to overcome my fear, the thought of relying on fabric to pop out in time as I allow someone to PUSH me out of a plane (because my brain would NEVER tell my body to "JUMP") to the ground below that I never should have left in the first place.....I simply replied with a "Hell to the n o!!!!"



My dear friend Lorrie, I may be getting older but that doesn't mean I'm crazy...not yet at least.  So how about we revisit our bucket list when we are, oh say 90? When I have indeed lost my mind -----Costa Rica or bust!


No comments:

Post a Comment