Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Pirate Cuban Czech is born....

September 19th, 2010 Grrrrretchen Aubrrrrey Padrrrrron graced us with her presence; all 6.5 pounds of her.  I know I know, why the "pirate"?  Well September 19th is National Talk Like A Pirate Day and while this may seem insignificant, if you knew my dear friend Chelsey aka "Peter" Padron giving birth to her baby on this date is probably as SIGNIFICANT as it gets. My friendship with her was a late blooming friendship that instantly turned into "feel like I've known you for years" type of friendship with zero effort, tons of laughs and probably the most random and memorable experiences I've ever had.  Our love of pirates, the movie Hook and bologna and miracle whip sandwiches is something only her and I can explain and understand.  Bologna and miracle whip sandwiches...that's when we knew this was going to be a good time! So here we are after all the madness of dumb boys, late night del taco runs, the break in of Tony, CatchPhrase, random drives and getting lost at the Long Beach docks, "I don't want kids"......eeeeeeek! BRAKE LIGHTS! Yes she actually said, I don't want kids! But after marrying her junior high/high school/early adulthood/LIFETIME love it seems my Peter Pirate changed her mind and is now the mother of a precious baby girl whom I fell in love with the minute I saw her.  


Although she is Danny's mini-me there's no doubt in my mind that little muffin is going to be 100% Chelsey to the core.  Jennifer and I went to visit the happy little family and although the entire thing seemed so surreal, it also felt so right and made perfect sense. We walked in to find daddy changing his first "poopy diaper" as he called it and as proud as a father could be asked us if we would like to see it.  And again if you knew our friendship, we didn't hesitate at all and gladly said, YES!

We watched as he attempted his first swaddle, which by the way wasn't very successful but practice makes perfect :o).  Once I was able to steal her away from Jennifer I just stared at her in amazement knowing that only hours prior she hadn't experienced this world yet.  New life is quite amazing and to be a part of it like that and know that your best friend created this new life is even more amazing and surreal.  She just said, "Its the best feeling in the world!" It's funny where life takes you, how life changes you and how maybe even a year ago you never thought you would be sitting there in that moment but once you are there there's no words to describe it.  Gretchen is now a part of our world and believe me, I plan on buying her the most annoying, loud obnoxious toys there is on the market.

Meet Gretchen...Our Little Pirate Booty


 Already Daddy's Little Girl:

 Hamming it up with a smile:


Congratulations Danny and Chelsey!

2 comments:

  1. ahh what a beautiful story, brought a tear to my eye;0) It is surreal and who knew a pirate cuban czech could be sooooo cute!!!

    stephanie lewis

    ReplyDelete