Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Love without expectations...

Meet Oscar...1.5 year old miniature schnauzer who has the biggest personality trapped in a  24lb body.  Owning a miniature schnauzer is very hectic but one of the most rewarding things at the same time.  For months, I read up on this breed before finally convincing myself this was the breed I wanted, and trust me while I don't regret it at all this little guy is a HANDFUL to say the least.  He rules pretty much every house he enters, terrifies with his initial MANbark, then melts your heart 5 minutes later...barks to get what he wants, jumps in your lap when he's ready to go to sleep and has no problem at all being the center of attention.  And he sure has my parents aka Grammy and Grandpy wrapped around his little paw.  Never before would you have expected to see my mom slice apples for a four-legged animal, nevertheless allow a four-legged hairy animal to roam free in her SPIC N SPAN household; but it seems pigs are flying.

Sure he's made his mistakes like chew on my dining room table, shred everything in the kitchen cabinets, lifted his leg on things he shouldn't have, nipped at a lady on a walk who rudely interrupted his nature moment....but there really is no getting around how adorably cute his face is, and how his eyes say so much without saying anything at all.  So I thought to myself tonight, wow I haven't bathed this little guy in awhile I don't have too much work to do so I will squeeze it in real quick before I start on the 200 40th wedding anniversary invitations I have to do...who was I kidding?  Bath time with Oscar is a production that I always convince myself will only take 20 minutes and every time it always takes at least an hour and 15 minutes.  This time? An hour, so maybe I'm getting better. 

So I pull the curtain back, start the water and I hear the jingle of his collar as he comes running down the hallway, eager as usual for bath time:


It seems somebody isn't so eager now...


Nothing a blow dryer and leave in conditioner can't handle,
and my handsome boy is back after a very long process.


Now I could lie and say I'm going to go get started on those 40th wedding anniversary invites but who am I kidding?  This face is staring at me barking for attention as I type this, so I think I'm gonna set the work aside toinght and give him some quality play time...because let's face it the little guy loves me without expecting anything in return. I gotta throw him a bone once in awhile :o).

3 comments:

  1. I am absolutely sure your little Romeo LIKES taking my breath away & making my heart strings bounce.....Jeesh he is SUCH a love bug!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness - the second photo of Oscar is way too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There will be plenty more stories to melt your hearts <3

    ReplyDelete